- Welcome from Mrs James
- Vision & Values
- School Performance and Reports
- Staff Vacancies
- Special Educational Needs
- Pupil Premium
- School Sports Funding
Modern Foreign Language
We teach French to all Key Stage 2 children as part of the school curriculum. In this way children build up their awareness of different languages, and we hope that the early acquisition of foreign language skills facilitates the learning of other languages later in life. We teach French because it is spoken by more than 200 million people on five continents. It is the second most widely learned foreign language after English and it is the ninth most widely spoken language in the world.
Why do we think teaching a language is important?
1) It's fun!
2) It's best to start early
3) It develops self confidence
4) It encourages a positive attitude to foreign languages
5) It broadens childrens' horizons